Growing in popularity, many men are becoming increasingly interested in grooming their eyebrows and getting them in good shape. Along with bad fingernails, as well as the overuse of hair products, having unruly eyebrows is up there with the worst grooming crimes a guy can commit.
In year’s past, there was a lot of stigma around the extent of male grooming; however, in today’s society it’s simply not acceptable to be scruffy, smelly and unkept. The good news for men all across the country, the stigma associated with male grooming has diminished over the years and turning your attention to brow grooming can be as revitalizing to your look as a fresh haircut.
In fact, industry professionals confess the male brow-grooming industry has skyrocketed in recent years. Since eyebrow trimming is a delicate craft, going to a professional is one’s best bet in achieving the right look for their face.
Since there are many variations in a man’s face type, there are various types of eyebrows which may look best on you. For example, oval face shapes look best with flat eyebrows, round faces do best with angular eyebrows, and square faces hold round eyebrows better.
It is best to seek out a professional to help you identify your face type, as well as help you with trimming your brows. However, if that is not an option, try taking a stab at self grooming.
Eyebrow Grooming Steps For Men
- Clean the eyebrow area.
- Exfoliate your eyebrow area to prepare the skin and remove any loose hairs.
- Soften the brow with a hot washcloth
- Comb the hair straight up, starting from the bridge of your nose and moving outward until you reach the arch of your eyebrow
- Using small scissors, cut off all the hair above the line of your eyebrow
- Continue doing this, moving along the edge of your eyebrow until you’ve trimmed all the hair up until the arch of your eyebrow.
- To trim the arch, comb the hair out at a 45° angle toward your temple and cut any hair that goes past the edge as before.